Thursday, February 9, 2012

February's Body & Soul Party

My friends and I decided to throw a party this month!  We called it the Body & Soul Party, and invited ladies who needed some extra pampering.  Each of us had a skill -- between us, there was an esthetician, a professional stylist, a licensed masseuse, and me -- a professional psychic and gourmet cook!  I can make more than disco fries and choochacheechachoo, you know. ;)

We all used our talents to create a night of home-spun luxury, style, and general fabulousness.  The services offered ran the gamut from professional facials and waxing, to hair-cutting and styling, to spa-quality massages, to real psychic readings.  The party ended with all our guests feeling a little more pretty and/or handsome, as well as relaxed and rejuvenated.  A great time was had by all!

My biggest regret is that I failed to get pictures of my food platters!  I made stuffed mushrooms with lemon-herb filling, vegetable nigiri sushi, and fruit salad skewers with a myriad yummy things.  The rice could have been cooked a little better, but overall I'm pretty pleased with my cooking efforts.  We're already dreaming up new ideas for next month's B&S party, and I'm planning my next menu.

If you're in the New England area and you are interested in attending, feel free to visit our website at www.DawnSoul.com :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...