Wednesday, February 2, 2011

January Decluttering Report

A Hap-hap-happy Groundhogs' Day to all, and a Blessed Candlemas as well!  Goodness, it's cold out there.  Let's hope that our little friend Punxsutawney Phil will see his shadow today.  I usually love winter, but all of the odd weather that we've been having lately is getting a bit old -- I never know if I need to wear a heavy cape outside, or just my trusty black Dickies hoodie.  Mother Nature had better make up her mind, already. :)



In the spirit of getting my shit together vis-a-vis all of the clutter in my house, I have decided that it'd be a great idea to keep track of the stuff I've been doing to declutter by way of my donations and selling old shit on half.com & eBay.  Thus, I present to you my new feature: the monthly decluttering report!


JANUARY'S PROGRESS:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
boxes donated: 4 (1 large, 2 medium, 1 smallish)
cause(s) helped: Big Brothers & Sisters of America
type of donation(s): clothes, kitchen wares, toys, books, health & beauty items

Items sold: 3 via Half.com
sold items: books (3)
profit*:  $15.15




NEXT PICKUP DATE:  TBA (probably last week of February, will be scheduling it this week)


YTD PROGRESS:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
boxes donated: 4 (1 large, 2 medium, 1 smallish)
type of donation(s): clothes, kitchen wares, toys, books, health & beauty items

Items sold: 3 via Half.com
sold items: books (3)
profit*:  $15.15



*I suppose that, technically, this isn't my "profit" since I probably paid more than $15.15 for the items in question -- but since I wouldn't have made anything back if I didn't decide to relinquish these items, I'm'a count it as a profit.  So there. ;)

Also, big thanks to Flickr's qmnonic for his fantastic groundhog picture, which fit into today's entry so perfectly!  (Well-timed nature shots like this don't happen every day, lemme tell ya!)  This is actually Punxsutawney Phil's Canadian cousin, I think, but he's got that whole "peeking out of the hole to check on his shadow" thing mastered to a tee! :)

1 comment:

  1. Good luck, you're doing well I see. I have to put my old clothes on ebay too because my wardrobe too full..

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...