Sunday, July 31, 2011

Do I Live Here?

So, the time has come for myself and a certain cute boy to start thinking about buying a home.  It's not always easy for a plucky young couple just starting out to find the home of their dreams, but hey, I'm optimistic and willing to roll up my sleeves! ;)

I've been doing the research for a little while.  Between myself and the boy, there isn't a ton of money saved (yet) for our down payment, but we're working on that. :)  A couple of months ago, my man went to check some houses on the market (while I was busy socializing at a paaaartaaay, haha)... but all they really yielded were a few examples of what we definitively don't want.

And then, earlier this month, it happened.  We coordinated our schedules, and were able to come up with an afternoon where we could hang out and view a few homes, one after the other.  One of them was cute and cheap, with lots of renovation ahead (and a room that he was too afraid to even walk in, much less purchase!)... though, to be fair, it *did* have a windowless basement bedroom, and a rubber-floored rumpus room downstairs... yes indeed, plenty of dungeon space. ;)

The one that really stood out to me was a stunning contemporary, high on a hill, in a private and slightly wooded section of a town that I've always loved.  It has plenty of room for me to conduct all manners of business that I do (including lotsa inventory storage!), a great office space for him, and best of all, a large finished basement that'll do just perfect for our little love nest.  The backyard doesn't QUITE have "room for a pony," I'm sorry to say, but it does provide privacy and quite a few crucial shaded areas.

We are in talks with the realtor now, but only tentatively.  After so much time of apartment living, I simply cannot wait to unroll it and see!  With a bit of luck (and perhaps a lot more saving like demons), you may just be able to consider me a homeowner someday. ;)

2 comments:

  1. I have just purchased my first house after living in a condo for almost 20 years. I love it. Room for a vegetable garden and chickens and even room for a pony! (It's my sister Violet!) It even has a small space that is all covered in trees. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! I'm so glad someone (a) is reading my blog! ;) and (b) actually got my Hyacinth Bucket reference ;) We rented a condo for about 6 years, and honestly if it was just a bit closer to the city, I'd be a little better with it. ;) But a place with less stairs would be even better -- I've got a bad back, so the stairs annoy me sometimes.

    Do you really have chickens!?? I am so jealous!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...