Tuesday, May 1, 2012

The Little Things in Life

I think I'll take Rihanna's advice for now, and STFU. :)
I apologize for not posting more lately, but I have suffered some injuries through an accident which, for legal reasons, I can't really discuss just yet.  I'm alive and in one piece, but beyond that I really need to keep mum for the time being.

Before this happened, I had a few projects cooking, but the progress has slowed to a halt for now.  I recently read someone else's blog where the main article was a list of things that the blogger was "into right now."  It's a bit of a cop-out for PGS, but what the hell?  It's a nice cheerful distraction, and maybe if some of my current mini-obsessions spark some interest in you, you will find something cool or new to make your own life a bit better.  So, here's a rundown of what I'm into these days:

1.  Modal fabric.  This stuff is amazing!  It's technically not a natural fiber because of the process it needs to go through in order to become fabric, but it's roots are natural.  Modal comes from beech tree fibers.  It's softer and more absorbent than cotton, hangs beautifully, and always seems to look great even if you don't iron it.  This makes it beautiful for any body type, as it drapes and flatters the wearer to a T.  Over the past few months, I have acquired a few pieces of modal clothing; it's wonderful to go out and be seen in, but also to stay home and just live in.  I love it!

2.  No-fuss nail treatments.  If I could marry nail foils, I would.  My nails are short and brittle, and often, my nail polish chips off the edges within a day or so of applying it.  But the nail foils I've been using are designed to stay on for up to 10 luxurious, polish-free days!  They come in solids, but also in a cunning array of cute designs as well.  They're available in stores for $5-$7 a pop, but being a patient cheapie, I bought mine from this eBay store for only 99 cents.  My favorites?  Black with skulls or spiderwebs, of course!  (A close runner-up is the Sally Hansen nail pen, in chrome colors.  It dries quickly and with a minimum of BS, so it's just right for a 30-second touch up before you run out the door.) 

3.  Scramble With Friends.  A good friend of mine surprised me with an iPad for my birthday this past month, which thrilled and exhilarated me -- I've wanted one for a couple of years now, mostly for a curiosity.  But let me tell you, the convenience and fun of the iPad has made it an invaluable tool for me, whether it's for work or play.  One of the awesomest games going is Scramble With Friends, which is easier and quicker than the better-known Zynga app, Words With Friends.  I feel that it helps my powers of concentration too.  If you don't have an iPad or iPhone, no problem -- you can play it on Facebook too. :)

That's all I can think of right now.  What's everyone else into these days? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...