Monday, April 16, 2012

A Wealth of Possibilities

As many of you know, my lease ends this summer.  While I can probably get out of it a bit earlier -- as it is quite flexible -- my SO and I have decided to tough it out to the bitter end. ;)  This gives us about 3 months' worth of breathing room.  So far, we have toured 4 houses in the hopes of purchasing -- and then we realized that we don't quite measure up down-payment-wise.  After that, we began hunting for a new apartment.

Cool Minimalist Lobby is cooler and
more minimalist than your lobby.




We've seen two places so far, both of which have advantages and drawbacks.  "Apartment Number One" is an industrial brick-accented downtown loft in the heart of a city close to Boston.  It's hip, freshly converted from an old factory.  Everything about it says "The people who live here are way cooler than you."  Admittedly, it has some possibilities.  One of my favorite features is the washer and dryer hookup right in the apartment, which is like heaven on earth!  But the place is very vertical -- sucks for me on those high pain-score days -- and the 2 bedrooms are sort of small.  There wasn't a whole lot of storage space, even if the apartment itself was simply adorable.  The hardwood floors were stylish, but I'm sure our bunnies wouldn't be very happy hoppers with their little piggies clacking on the floor, and their furry little feet slipping around the smooth wooden surface!  These are big sacrifices indeed if one wishes to live in a Mecca of Coolness.

Hey, whipper-snapper. What's cookin' in Granny's kitchen?
"Apartment Number Two" is definitely NOT an M of C.  It is located in a complex in a more residential area near Boston.  (I guess they'd call it the Boston Metro Area?)  We saw heaps of boring ugly buildings, children playing outside, old people going for walks, and soccer moms with silver minivans.  This one also had a lot of floors to climb, but I realized that being on the top floor (despite lack of elevator) would be awesome since there'd be less traffic outside my door.  The master bedroom was bigger than I'd expected, bigger than what we have now actually, with a closet for each of us.  The second bedroom, conversely, was smaller, but with a nicely sized closet.  We may need to ditch the big bed in the other bedroom.  The place has central heat and air conditioning, which is a rare find!  My favorite parts of this apartment are the surprising amount of storage space (including a walk-in closet which is big enough to fit a couch!), a kitchen with a window, and two bathrooms!  One has a shower with a glass door and a seat (amazing!), and the other has a tub and assloads of drawers and storage space.

We'll be looking for more places over the next few months, so stay tuned!


1 comment:

  1. I think just the fact you live in Boston makes you much cooler than others. At least me anyway. I just live in a house.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...