Monday, August 26, 2013

Let's Make a Face-Washing Mitt!

I usually just splash cold water on my face and wipe with a napkin or something. (I do exfoliate in the shower, though.) Lately, I'm feeling the need to mix up my face care repertoire!

Today, I made this cleansing mitt out of a baby wash cloth and a length of ribbon.


It would have been better if I had 2 wash cloths, but I used what I had. This is designed to fit over the hand in order to get an easy, gentle cleanse.


This is all you need! If you're hand-sewing like I did, you'll require a needle and thread. My washcloth was a tiny bit bigger than my hand; I wound up using about a foot and a half (give or take) of ribbon.


And what adorable ribbon it is! This neon yellow poly ribbon came from Michael's, Gotta love those Halloween scores that work all year 'round! :)


After I eyeballed my ribbon and snipped the ends (always on the bias to help defray fraying!), I folded my washcloth into a triangular hand approximation and aligned my ribbon along the seam. This mitt-length ribbon helps to strengthen the seam, but its real purpose is so that I can hang the mitt to dry when I'm finished.


Overcast stitches along the edge will do nicely.  They needn't win any beauty contests to be effective.  Just make sure that your washcloth edges both get poked with the needle, or else you're gonna have holes!

This took me less than 15 minutes, and was super fun to make! I love easy & functional crafties. Any ideas what to make next? Post 'em here! :)





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...