Saturday, August 10, 2013

Review: So Delicious Chocolate Ice Cream


Lately, it seems that all I'm doing is posting reviews about beauty products and food. I'm ok with that. :)

This summer, I have been living with a vegan that has made cooking a real challenge!  However, I've been rising to the occasion with fake meat recipes, fake egg recipes, and plenty of other fairly tasty inventions.  However, when I come across something that I don't have to pull together to enjoy, it makes me that much happier.

Enter "So Delicious" products... There's a vast array of ice creams, yogurts, and milks that would make your head spin!  I have tried their coconut milk-type-product and it was just okay, though a swig here and there isn't the same as *using* it somewhere.  But the ice cream has been a wonderful experience!  Lower in carbs and fat than traditional ice cream, it's a health-conscious dessert-o-phile's dream come true.  Only 150 cals for a 1/2 cup serving, and a scant 20 carbs (with just 12 from sugars)!  The consistency is very ice-cream-like, and the deep chocolate flavor is incredibly satisfying.  One drawback is that it doesn't scoop as smoothly as regular ice cream; but that's ok. Just let it melt for a few seconds.  

I love this stuff.  The one drawback is the price, at about $4 a pint!  However, since we are eating far leas takeout and processed foods these days, the cost difference isn't so bad. As my vegan says of a product that he enjoys, "It's humanizing."  When we can find things that make our lives easier & more normal, why not go for it every now and again? 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...