Friday, July 26, 2013

Review: KleanColor Iconic Brow Gel

I usually use my blog to sing the praises of the things I adore. However, today's entry will be different.

Why? Because KleanColor Iconic Brow Gel EFFING SUCKS!!!!!!

It looked pretty good on eBay when I purchased it.  I haven't needed to use a brow gel in many years, as in the past I've kept them adorably overplucked -- and trimmed, since my brows tend to grow long like bunny whiskers.

However, I've been getting my brows waxed lately, so the little silky whiskers are growing longer. Instead of trimming them, I wondered if I could do an eyebrow combover of sorts -- I have scars from eyebrow piercings that aren't too nice looking, so gel seemed like the way to go.

When my KleanColor gel arrived, I thought it looked pretty nice in the tube. And the mirror on the side was uber classy. But when I opened the tube, the handle crumbled into 90 different pieces. There's the clear part of the handle that's a cap for all the little grooming attachments inside. Cool, right? Yeah... If every part of it stayed together. (Note to self: get crazy glue to keep the uncapped handle from falling apart!)

When I opened it, the smell hit me. It was a little bit like postage stamp glue, school cafeteria, vinegar, and ass.  Yech.  If I was putting this stuff on my nose instead of my eyebrows, we'd have a problem!

The applicator wasn't bad. The gel, while stank, did work as advertised without too much stiffness or shine. However, good freaking luck using that "handy" mirror on the side. Thing is so wavy that your eyebrows are gonna look like a damn funhouse unless you grab your compact instead!

I'll give this a D. The stuff does work, but the packaging leaves lots to be desired. And the smell is seriously unpleasant!

I don't think I have ever left such a mean review anywhere, and I am sorry about that. But I just cannot recommend KleanColor Iconic Brow Gel! :((((

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...