Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Bath & Body Works Haul! :)

Well, it's been awhile since I've posted!  (Notice how all of my most recent posts seem to have that in common?)  I have been crazy busy over the past few months.  Lately I've been immersing myself in so many new projects that I haven't been as crafty as usual.

However, I've decided to start also doing product reviews more often, since that way I can still touch base with all of you, and share tales of my amazing adventures! :)

My latest and greatest in the world of mail-order has been a purchase at Bath & Body Works.  I have never actually bought anything from B&BW, but my friend Dax loves their antibacterial hand soaps. They go on sale quite frequently, and this time they were going 6 for $20, so I figured I'd give 'em a whirl.  My plan was to keep a few and share some with her.  Don't they look lovely?

I kept the Italian Lavender, Fresh-Picked Herbs, and Bella Flora.  She received the Sweet Pea, Fresh-Picked First Blooms, and Aqua Flora.  The lavender has a lovely light scent, more sweet than medicinal.  (Frankly I love medicine-y lavender and I like it strong!  But this will be nice for the kitchen or bathroom.)  Fresh-Picked Herbs hasn't been opened yet and used on my hands, but a whiff of the bottle is pleasant and green, with a mostly mint vibe.  I haven't even opened the Bella Flora yet.

However, I also bought myself (not pictured!) a 10 fl. oz bottle of Sweet Cinnamon Pumpkin shower gel, along with an 8-fl.oz body splash spray in the same scent.  Strangely enough, the two present so differently!  The shower gel is spicy and pumpkininny (thanks, Mr. Show!), whereas the splash doesn't seem to have as much pumpkin power.  There's definitely cinnamon and vanilla-like sweetness, almost like an apple pie, but also I detect a deep musky note as well.  It's not a bad fragrance at all.  The sillage is good and few sprays lasts a nice long time.  I like putting it in my hair and a halo of fragrance all around me for hours!  The best part was the price: The full-sized shower gel was a measly $4.75 on clearance, and the big bottle of scent was just $5.25.  I guess this is because it's last year's fall lineup, but it's great to enjoy such a fab scent in the middle of summer -- and dreaming of those pumpkin picking days to come! :)  So if you're a pumpkin lover like me, get thee to the Bath & Body Works website and grab some pumpkin goodness! :)

Also, I want to mention that the lining of the B&BW shipping box was super cute.  So of course, being the box-hoarder that I am, I couldn't just toss it.  I HAD to use it, because hey, free box!  Instead, I have turned it inside out and taped the box back together, so now it's gracing my bedroom bookshelf in all of its gingham glory:


I may try placing it on a shorter shelf so that it's more like a drawer type thing instead of just a pretty box.  In fact, I'm enjoying the box so much that I might just wait 'til fall and buy some more B&BW to share with Dax (or purchase early for Christmas!) and see if they have a sexy fall-themed box liner for me to enjoy heartily. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...