Tuesday, May 21, 2013

I Love Kala Namak Black Salt!

Kala namak is also known as "black salt." Usually it comes from India, and is often a pale pinkish or grayish colors.  You can see the picture that I took of my newly purchased black salt... It consists of a strong flavored salt with extra minerals. There is a sulfur flavor in there too, which some may find icky but I love it!

My need for kala namak originated from my desire to make vegan eggs. I usually do tofu scramble, and have my own special blend of seasonings, but last year I learned how to make vegan sunny-side-up eggs (Thanks to "The Airy Way"!) and was informed that the black salt can really add something tasty to this dish.

My search online showed that black salt can be expensive, but Fluffy grabbed me a pack at his local Indian grocery for a mere 99 cents!  It is packaged by Maya Overseas Foods Inc. and seems to be of perfect quality. I'll be making my next vegan egg attempt soon, so watch this space for details! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...